Now Accepting Applications for 2024
Associate Game Day Internship Program
Each season the Portland Sea Dogs, the Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, hire students to serve as Associate Game Day Interns.
The Associate Game Day Internship program is for highly motivated college students that have an interest in the business of sport management. The program is designed to give students their first experience within the sports industry with an emphasis on game-day operations, ticket sales, and customer service. This position is open to any college student. This is a part-time seasonal internship that would result in 10-30 hours a week.
Start Date: March 30th (Orientation)
End Date: Mid-September
Compensation: $15.00/ hour
Hours: 10-30 hours a week depending on the game schedule
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must currently be a college student (underclassmen, upperclassmen, and graduate students are all eligible)
- *Must be available for at least 75% of the Sea Dogs home games *
- A desire to pursue a career in the sport management field
- Strong customer service skills
- A fun and outgoing personality with a strong work ethic
- Preference is given to students who can start in April
- Attend the staff orientation session
- Assist with game set-up and general office work
- Serve as a Hadlock Field usher during games
- Assist with post-game duties (fireworks pick-up, tarp, handing out schedules, etc.)
- Work as a ticket sales representative assisting with incoming, outgoing, and walk-up ticket sales
- Coordinate fan photo duties
- Distribute pocket schedules to the community
- Serve as a Hadlock Field Ambassador
- Serve as a member of the Promo Team
- Concessions and vending work
- Some non-game day work available in the ticket office
- Opportunity to meet individually with front office staff members
- Other duties as assigned
- 10-30 hours a week.
- Approximately five hours a game (arriving 2 hours prior to the scheduled start of the game), plus some scheduled ticket office hours when the team is on the road.
To Apply: Please apply online through TeamWork Online. A resume, cover letter, and three references will be required. Mailed and Emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
Deadline: The deadline to apply is Friday, November 17, 2023.
"I can't think of another job I enjoyed as much as being an Associate Intern with the Sea Dogs. Showing up every game to prepare the stadium, while gaining experience in a variety of game day aspects, was both fun and informative. The Sea Dogs front office as a whole was extremely welcoming, and everyone I came across was willing to help me grow into a better professional." - Quinn
"This is an amazing experience; one I was lucky to have. Working for the Sea Dogs is an awesome way to get some practical sports/life experience. I will forever remember that summer and the wonderful people I was fortunate to work with every day."- Kate D.
"Best job I've had, apply now!"- Lindsey